Routine Coagulation Laboratory at King's College Hospital
Our laboratory, led by Dr. Roopen Arya, provides both clinical and laboratory support to this busy teaching hospital.
We provide a wide range of coagulation tests including routine coagulation studies, factor assays, testing for lupus anticoagulant and inhibitors, platelet function tests and thrombophilia work-up. Recent additions to the research laboratory include thromboelastography and thrombin generation assays.
King's has been a Haemophilia Centre for over two decades.
- Genetic counselling and prenatal diagnosis in conjunction with Professor Nicolaides at the Foetal Medicine Unit.
- A large Anticoagulant Clinic with over 1,300 'active' patients.
- A nurse-led outpatient DVT service and early-discharge PE service.
- Expertise in thromboprophylaxis for both medical and surgical patients
- The diagnosis and management of thrombophilia in close collaboration with several units especially obstetrics, neurology and hepatology.
- Facilities for full phenotypic and genetic thrombophilia screening including DNA analysis for Factor V Leiden, prothrombin and MTHFR polymorphisms.