St John's Institute of Dermatology
St John's Institute of Dermatology is one of the world's leading centres for patients with skin disease.
It began life in 1863 as both a skin diseases hospital and a postgraduate teaching institute. Both entities relocated in the 1980s to St Thomas' Hospital, when they were also formally joined and renamed St John's Institue of Dermatology.
There are five highly specialised laboratory services dedicated to the diagnosis and management of skin disease within St John's.