Advanced Diagnostics Laboratory at King's College Hospital
The Advanced Diagnostic Laboratory performs the assays and tests that are required for the more complex cases received in Histopathology. The range of services provided encompasses immunocytochemistry and molecular pathology.
Whilst most of this work is performed on cancers, our workload is not exclusive to that. We carry a portfolio of approximately 170 antibodies including Her2.
We also offer 8 FISH assays (inc Her2) and 8 molecular assays for solid tumours.
Other Testing includes:
- Her 2 IHC and FISH for breast and gastric samples
- Interphase FISH analysis for translocations in lymphomas
- KRAS, BRAF, NRAS, EGFR testing
- Microsatellite instability (MSI) and mismatch repair protein analysis
- IgH and TCR gene rearrangements for B and T cell clonality
- Full immunohistochemistry service
- Clinically Relevant Cancer Panel by Next Generation Sequencing
- Immunofluorescence for skin biopsies